I am very excited to have been nominated by Catherine of Thoughts All Sorts for the Mystery Blogger Award! This award was created by Okoto Enigma. Being new to the blogging game, I am very honoured to be nominated for this and to discover the supportive blogging community!
So the following are the rules:
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
The next part is sharing with you three things about myself:
- I collect Funko Pop Vinyl Dolls. I started in 2015 with Jesse Pinkman and The Crystal Ship, and that collection has grown to 75 I believe. I usually purchase Pops from TV shows or movies that I love. For example, I just HAD to purchase a Pop of Holly Golighty 🙂
2. As a Newfoundlander and Labradorian, fish is naturally a part of my diet. One dish I particularly love is cod tongues! Ok, it may not sound all that appealing, but it is super tasty fried in a light batter and also served with scruncheons sometimes (fat pork). We have an interesting cuisine to say the least. A deadly scoff, sure!
3. I also love owls. I have owl scarves, an owl lamp, owl earrings, owl doorstops, etc. I think all of that came from watching the most amazing TV show in the world, “Twin Peaks”. As mentioned in the show, “the owls are not what they seem”.
And now for answering the five questions asked by the nominator!
- What do you prefer…the smell of freshly baked bread or freshly mowed grass/lawn?Freshly baked bread! Brings back so many good memories of my grandmother baking yummy bread when I was much younger.
2. If you could delve into the life of one book and live it as if you were a character in it (not necessarily the main one)…i.e. if the world of a book could be visited, which book would it be? (Ahhh…I can “see” this so clearly in my mind…hard to explain)? This is a difficult question. After some thought, I would have to pick “Little Women”. That was my favourite book to repeatedly read growing up. I always admired the sisters for their various strengths as well as their close bond. I especially thought Jo was so wonderful for her free spirit and independent thinking.
3. Are you a good cuppa tea or perfectly brewed coffee person? Definitely a good cuppa tea person! I limit myself to 3 cups per day maximum.
4. Most unusual food you have eaten (by your standards)? I don’t consider myself to be that adventurous with food given what I am used to eating. I grew up eating moose, caribou, grouse/ptarmigan, etc. I did try rabbit once though so that would probably be an unusual food for me.
5. Silly/weird question: Take your current state of mind – if you had to pick a piece of music to represent where you are right now…what would it be? I am kind of in a place of transition in terms of careers, so I would have to pick “Stressed Out” by Twenty One Pilots.
It is difficult to pick a “best post” because the content of each movie is so different. However, I think I will pick Bigger Than Life (1956). The subject matter of the movie and its portrayal was very moving for me, and it was very rewarding writing about this great film.
Here are the five questions I will ask people I nominate to answer. They are not very creative questions, but here they are:
- What is one place on Earth you would like to visit but have not yet had the chance?
- What is your favourite Academy Award Best Picture winner (I know, tough).
- What is one hairstyle you would like to try?
- What is one project or new hobby you would like to start?
- What is your favourite song?
So now I will choose some people and their blogs to nominate for this award! The people I am selecting are some of many who I have had the pleasure of interacting with since I started my blog in November. I hope you’ll accept and I look forward to hearing your answers!